Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed, I am quite behind in my November post-writing.  I've been pretty pleased with my semi-regular output this year so far, but a two weeks-long (still ongoing, bleh) cold and a general sense of work frenzy have knocked that progress off-course, hopefully only temporarily.

I am nevertheless very pleased to announce that one thing that has not in the least been knocked off-course is my steady progress toward my 52 movies goal.  In October, I TOTALLY watched my fifty-second movie of 2011!

Behold!:
50. Bill Cunningham New York (4.5)
51. Ides of March (2)
**52.** The U.S. vs. John Lennon (4)

I was planning to write a post on "Bill Cunningham New York" (2010).  It may not happen, but I hope it will.  It is a thoroughly delightful film, and on Netflix view instantly!

However, that will have to be delayed for now.  In light of our proximity to a recent nation-wide holiday centered on (oh my God food yummmm, and) gratitude, I thought I would share some of the things I've been particularly grateful for lately.  Third year has been kind of tough so far, and it's good for me to take every possible opportunity to focus on things that make life brighter and easier.

For example:
1. Kittens (obvi).

2. The ability to nap on the subway.

3. All of my fabulous podcasts that help me maintain my ties to the outside non-grad school world, but especially those that make me laugh (not to mention those that have me call in! :D ).

4. The fantastic, wonderful, amazing Museum of the Moving Image.
4a. Meeting talents of whom I am in awe.

5. My beautiful friends, who never fail to make me grateful to be a part of this world.

6. My family.

7. My clients, for giving me the honor of working with them and joining with them in the battle against their suffering.

8. Meditation.

9. My delightful, supportive, and brilliant classmates.

10. My Boyfriend, in totality, but this week, especially his courage to fly.

And, of course:

11. Anyone who takes the time to read my silly blog.  Thank you!!  <333

'Til next time.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment