Thursday, September 8, 2011

How Am I Already This Tired.

Me
 That's right, I don't even have the energy to punctuate the title of this post correctly.  Or open it with a proper greeting.  I am that exhausted.  (Notice how I also didn't add italics to "that" for emphasis?  More of the same.)

To give you an idea of the etiology of my mental and physical fatigue, I present to you: An overview of the next year of graduate school.

Fall Semester: You know all that stuff you were doing last year?  Research, therapy, coursework?  Keep doing that, but now add 20+ hours of clinical work somewhere 90+ minutes from your apartment/school.  Only contemplate finishing your thesis and continuing work on your dissertation, because really, who has time? 

Spring Semester:  More of the stuff you were doing during the fall, except now also
--Apply to externship again
--Finish your thesis
--Prepare for and complete comprehensive exams so you can finally actually have a Master's degree 

Summer: Consider not even calling it that (alternate suggestions: Hot Semester During Which *Other* People Have Fun, But Most Certainly Not You (aka HSDW*O*PHFBMCNY)), because holy shit you need to
--Finish and defend your dissertation proposal, then
--Prepare to apply for internship during Fall 2012

It makes me sad thinking about it.  Also tired.  Very tired.  Sad because I anticipate missing my life and having fun, and tired because, well.... Let's be honest: my body is completely resistant to adopting a normal sleep schedule, which makes being properly rested in order to accomplish everything expected of me more difficult than it already is.  Lamesauce if you ask me.

...In lighter news, movie progress has been made!

In August, the following films were viewed:
42. Tangled (3)
43. Salt (2)
44. Gothika (3)
45. Atonement (4)

Totally within striking distance of my 52 movies goal!!  Less than 10 movies to go!!!!!

Here's hoping this is at least one hurdle I can somehow, just barely, clamber over.

Wish me luck.

<3

2 comments:

  1. Bean, that is a strange assortment of movies for August. Or as I like to call it in honor of you, Exhaugust. Also, we just started our blog so apparently it's signing my comments as me and David. But David has nothing to do with this wit! Nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will NEVER call August anything but ExhAugust ever again!! Bean, you're so clever!

    Good GOD I miss you! Also I am so following your blog.

    <3333

    ReplyDelete