Saturday, October 8, 2011

Joyeux Octobre!

Hi guys,

There is a small but nevertheless present possibility that I am finally acclimating to my insane schedule, which is really great. 

It's been a bit of a challenge, in part because of the whole getting-up-early-doesn't-really-work-for-me thing, and also the getting-home-late-every-night-when-I-have-to-get-up-early-the-next-day-which-did-I-mention-really-doesn't-work-for-me? thing. 

HOWEVER.  With the occasional carry-out meal, learning to force myself to be in bed by midnight (ugh so early, what am I, a child??), and napping on my epic-length subway commute, I have (kind of) managed to get into a routine that still includes a daily dose of Don Draper (alliteration!).

Crucial.
I *also* somehow, I don't even really know how, managed to watch some more movies last month.  I'm kind of amazed, frankly.  But here they are!

46. The Debt (3.5)
47. The Help (3)
48. Drive (??)
49. Last Days (4)

...You may notice my atypical notation for entry #48.  That is because I seriously don't even fucking know what I thought of "Drive" (2011).  BUT!  This presents an opportunity to write a post about it, in which I will decide how much I hated but maybe also loved it.

Are we perhaps noticing a trend?
Anyway.  One hobby that definitely suffers when you have too much real work to do is that you don't get enough dick-around-on-the-internet time.  I know that probably doesn't sound overly important to mental health, but apparently it kind of is. 

Why, you might ask? 

Because: I feel like almost every other moment of my life right now is overly purpose-driven.  I am working, trying to attend to critical needs (e.g., eating, sleeping, Mad Men) as efficiently as possible, trying to keep my apartment from becoming an abyss of uncompleted housework, or criminally neglecting my communication with the outside world, all the time.  Sometimes, a little aimlessness is really what you need to wind down.

So.... The post on "Drive" will have to wait, because right now, even just writing a blog post is a little too accomplishmenty for me.

'Til then.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment