Friday, August 12, 2011

I'm So Productive!!... In a Very Circumscribed Fashion

Bienvenido,

So: My Neuropsych summer class is over as of Wednesday (two days ago), when we had our final.  Between final-studying, aggressive touristing secondary to a week-long family visit, and a mini-vacation over last weekend, I'm somewhat exhausted.

Which is why, in spite of my stated goals to finally resume work on thesis and dissertation yesterday, I instead read in a large and beautiful park, napped in the sun, bought a smoothie, cleaned my kitchen, and watched three episodes of Battlestar Galactica with Boyfriend and a visiting friend over pizza.  In other words, I had a day of almost pure self-indulgence and avoidance.

Mmmm.... Painfully nerdy avoidance.

And now, still, with an empty apartment for the next few hours and therefore ample prime research-worky time, I am writing a blog post (rationalized by the fact that August is almost half over already) and staving off a desperate craving for Mad Men.  (OMG it's on Netflix--I can watch AS MUCH AS I WANT!!!)

So, in the interest of clinging to my work-related aspirations, I will keep this brief.

Here are the movies I watched in July, and there are SO MANY OF THEM:

32. Persona (5)
33. Waste Land (5!)
34. Green Lantern (2)35. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (5)
36. The Girl Who Played With Fire (4)
37. The Trip (4)
38. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (3.5)
39. Tabloid (5!)
40. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (5)
41. Cowboys & Aliens (3.5)

THAT'S RIGHT.  To adhere to my annual resolution, I only need to watch 11 more movies over the next 4.5 months.

So absurdly achievable!!

On that note, I will leave you so I can finally update draft four of my thesis proposal (sigh) and finish extracting fidelity data (because really, why *shouldn't* I tack on one more analysis????).  And also maybe finalizing dissertation hypotheses.  Finally.

Talk to you soon.

<3

Note: I have not forgotten my commitment to write a review of "Super 8" in response to a beloved reader's comment.  I swear that's coming.  I just need to quell my guilt over my neglected work for a little bit, and then I'll get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment